Want to work at the Zoo? Interested in a position listed below?
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are looking for someone with a friendly and outgoing personality that is motivated for excellence and is not afraid to work hard. This position is responsible for creating a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for the Racine Zoo guests in our two food service locations. Tasks include opening and closing duties, running the register, preparing food items, maintaining a clean environment throughout the building, excellent communication with the leadership team and excellent customer service to our guests.
How to Apply
Please send via email, a cover letter and resume to:
This position is open until sufficient applications have been received.
JOB TITLE: Camp Counselor
REPORTS TO: Conservation Education Manager of Public Programming
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal – Full-time
JOB PURPOSE: The primary responsibility of a Camp Counselor position at the Racine Zoo is to create a fun and engaging summer camp experience for our guests. This includes interacting with the campers (ages 3-13), overseeing the day to day operations of the summer camp, creating unique educational opportunities and providing information about our animals and exhibits. The Camp Counselor is responsible for ensuring guest and animal safety while assisting with summer camp and working in various public positions throughout the Zoo. The season runs from June 19th, 2017 – August 19th, 2017. There is mandatory onboarding training on June 8th, 2017.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESULTS:
- Ensure animal and guest safety is a top priority.
- Provide engaging educational experiences for summer campers that support our vision and mission through the use of messages and conversation.
- Guide the guest experience to ensure a memorable and positive visit; this includes ensuring comfort and safety of visitors while fostering educational growth.
- Set up and breakdown equipment and activities related to summer camp.
- Work to ensure guest satisfaction, notifying appropriate personnel about challenges and successes.
- Coordinate daily camp activities and animal encounters.
- Maintain inventory of craft and snack supplies for camp.
- Responsible for behavior management of camp.
- Be an active part of the Racine Zoo team.
- Perform other duties as workload necessitates.
- High School Diploma required.
- Prefer College Degree in biology, psychology, education, recreation or related field.
- One year experience working with school-aged children preferred.
- CPR and first aid certification are preferred.
- Must pass background check & drug screening.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week from June 19th, 2017 – August 19th, 2017
- Must be able to attend all required training.
- Must be able to work with a variety of animals.
- Must possess or be able to obtain valid a Wisconsin’s driver’s license.
- Requires strong speaking and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to interact with other staff, guests, and/or volunteers, and to maintain an energetic and positive attitude.
Willingness to work overtime and be available based on special needs/circumstances on a 24-hour basis, work outdoors, lift heavy objects, and risk periodic exposure to fairly predictable and controllable hazards associated with wild animals and zoonotic diseases.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Julia Lampe, Conservation Education Manager
200 Goold Street
Racine, WI 53402
Or email to email@example.com