Saturday, October 27, 2018 | 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Calling all little ghosts and goblins! Enjoy safe trick-or-treating all day with the animals at the Zoo!
Trick-or-Treat "Knock-Knock" Doors...open them if you dare!
Create your own edible spooky snacktivity
Trick-or-Treat throughout the Zoo using our Treat Finder Map
Make spooky crafts to decorate your haunted house
Find and meet our special creepy, crawly Animal Ambassadors
Boo at the Zoo is INCLUDED with regular Zoo admission! Zoo Members get in for FREE!
Not A Zoo Member? Don't want to miss out on the special discounts? Join today and SAVE!
We want your trunk this Halloween!
Join us for our annual Trunk-or-Treat at this year's Boo at the Zoo!
What is Trunk-or-Treat?
Trunk-or-Treat is a unique twist on traditional trick-or-treat where kids go from car to car to get candy and play games. Businesses and community organizations decorate their vehicles in a Halloween theme and fill the trunk with special treats such as candy and other fun items. It's a lot of spooky fun and great exposure for your organization.
How do I participate?
To participate, submit an entry form here: https://www.racinezoo.org/form/trunk-or-treat
How will the day play out?
- All participating organizations will enter the Zoo from the Augusta Street gate no later than 8AM on Saturday, October 27.
- All vehicles will set up in a designated area on the north end of the Zoo.
- Vehicles must be set up and decorated by 8:45AM.
- Participants must stay in position from 9AM – 4:30PM.
- Please bring enough candy (palm oil free or sustainable palm oil preferred) and/or prizes for 2,000 little ghosts and goblins.
- Feel free to dress up - having fun is a must!
Click here for a List of Sustainable Palm Oil Halloween Candy
Are you up to the challenge?
We're inviting businesses, schools, individuals, and community organizations to show more Halloween spirit! Our Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest is a perfect challenge if you're looking for a team building exercise or if you're just a really crafty person! All pumpkins will be displayed at the Racine Zoo for the Boo at the Zoo event on October 27, where they will be judged by Zoo guests to determine a winner! Best of luck!
How do I enter?
- Complete the entry form here: https://www.racinezoo.org/form/pumpkin-carvingdecorating-contest
- All pumpkins must be brought to the Zoo Gift Shop no later than 5PM on Friday, October 26.
- Your pumpkin will be given a number which will be placed somewhere on/near the pumpkin.
- The theme is either Halloween or animals - your choice. Whatever you do, please keep it polite and appropriate!
- Only one entry per business, school, group or individual
- Only pumpkins registered on time will be considered for a vote.
- Guests attending Boo at the Zoo on October 27 will vote on the pumpkin they like best.
- The pumpkin with the most votes wins!
The winner receives a Behind-the-Scenes Safari at the Racine Zoo!
You can leave your pumpkin at the Zoo or come back after the event to pick it up!
Rules are subject to change at any time without notice. By entering the Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest, you confirm that you accept the rules.