Females lay 2 eggs in several clutches. Eggs hatch 2-6 months after
|Number of young at birth:||
|Age of maturity:||18-24 months|
|Size at birth:||2-3 in|
- Native to south and south-eastern Asia including Malaysia and the Philippines. Can also be found in the Indonesian archipelago. Has been introduced to Florida, Texas, Hawaii, some Caribbean islands and Belize.
- Range from deserts to the rainforests. Geckos have adapted a great variety of habitats.
- Diet includes insects and a variety of small vertebrates.
- Males are more colorful than females
- Have large eyes covered by transparent scales that act as protective lenses
- Geckos are quite vocal making sounds that range from quiet chirping to loud barking. Only the male gives voice, the female is mute except for a defensive hissing sound.
- Gecko’s eyes only see in black and white. Because they are nocturnal they have no need to distinguish colors.