Thursday, May 27, 2021 | 10AM – 7PM
A letter from the Director:
What a year this has been. We are sorry that we could not celebrate our members last year, but we will celebrate you this year! Normally we meet the Thursday before Memorial Day and we plan to do the same this year. Please mark your calendars for Thursday, May 27, for Member Appreciation Day! Yes, I said "day". This year, due to the City's Safer Racine Order, and the capacity limits it has put on the Zoo, we need to take the entire day so we can spread out your attendance, in order for us to stay within our restrictions. I am sorry for any issues this may cause you and your schedule to be here.
We will be doing timed entry for this event. You will need to arrive during one of the 2-hour blocks of time listed below. That does not mean you have to leave after two hours; it just helps us regulate the number of guests on campus at one time. Regardless of when you come that day, there will be food and beverages available, activities for the kids, music by Jeannie B! and the Jelly Beans, animal chats by our amazing animal care staff and, of course, seeing some new animals!
We appreciate that everyone is doing social distancing appropriately and being respectful of our mandatory mask restriction.
Outdoor recreation is important for both physical and mental health, and here at the Zoo we know how important it is for Wisconsinites to get outside and enjoy Wisconsin’s natural resources. So, join us for Member Appreciation Day on May 27! Make sure you get your reservation in by the deadline.
See you at the Zoo!
This fun day will include:
- A look at what is new at the Zoo
- Delicious food and refreshing beverages
- Crafts, games, and activities for the kids
- Special animal chats with our keepers
- Train rides
- Musical entertainment by Jeanie B! and the Jelly Beans
- Giraffe Encounters: 11AM, 1PM, 5PM ($5 per person)
- Barnyard Safari open: 10AM - 6:30PM
- Norco Aviary open: 10AM - 6:30PM ($3 per person seed sticks)
Music Performance Schedule in the Amphitheater:
20-minute live performances by Jeanie B! and the Jelly Beans all day long!
Animal Chat Schedule with Racine Zoo's Keepers:
Learn about our animals and ask questions directly to their keepers during these 30-minute chats all day long!
- 10AM: Creature Feature: Alligator, Bridge near enterance
- 10:30AM: Meet the tortoise keeper!, Outside gift shop
- 11AM: Creepy Crawly Animal Encounter, Main floor
- 11:30AM: Meet a Rhino Keeper, Rhino Exhibit
- 12PM: Meet a Zebra Keeper, Zebra Exhibit
- 12:30PM: Creature Feature: Turtle, Main floor
- 1PM: Animal Encounter: Reptile, Main floor
- 1:30PM: Meet a big cat keeper!, Cat Canyon
- 2PM: Wildlife Theater: Animal Ambassadors, Wildlife Theater
- 2:30PM: Meet a primate keeper, Primate Exhibit
- 3PM: Creature Feature: Snake, Main floor
- 3:30PM: Wildlife Theater: Animal Ambassadors, Wildlife Theater
- 4PM: Bat feeding and chat, Discovery Center
- 4:30PM: Meet a kangaroo keeper!, Walkabout Creek
- 5PM: Creature Feature: Hedgehog, Main floor
- 5:30PM: Wildlife Theater: Animal Ambassadors, Wildlife Theater
- 6PM: Penguin feeding and chat, Penguin exhibit
- 6:30PM: Meet an eagle keeper, Eagle exhibit
Must RSVP by THURSDAY, MAY 20, 2021.
Must be a member in good standing.
You must arrive during your selected time frame, but do not need to leave within the time frame.
- 10AM - 12PM
- 12PM - 2PM
- 2PM - 4PM
- 4PM - 6PM
**Please be sure to include selected time entry, member name and contact information, type of membership, and how many adults and children are attending (including 2 and younger)
Call: Membership Manager, Joanne Dean, at 262.636.9274.
Event is for MEMBERS ONLY - NO EXCEPTIONS
Not A Zoo Member? Learn about our flexible membership options. Join today!
Businesses/organizations welcome! Sign up here for a Business Booth! Great for advertising!
Masks and social distancing required while socializing. Masks may be taken off while eating/drinking, but must be replaced after. Sanitation stations will be located nearby for your safety. Bring your own mask or we can provide you with one.