We are OPEN! It's time to rediscover the Zoo you know and love! We have temporary restrictions to help keep our guests, animals, and staff safe from COVID-19 during these uncertain times.
Hours: 7 days a week, 10AM – 4PM (last admission 3:30PM)
Member - FREE
Children 2 and younger - FREE
Adult - $10.00
Senior (62 and older) - $9.00
Child (15 and younger) - $8.00
Military (With ID) - $5.00
Racine Zoo Printable Map: PDF
**Please note these precautions are TEMPORARY and will be lifted once it is safe to do so. Changes can occur at any time. Please be patient with us as we try to best accommodate guest needs and city directives.**
Know before you go:
All visitors MUST wear a mask
- To keep everyone safe, all visitors must wear a mask to enter the Zoo (except children 4 years and younger). Masks will be available for purchase at the Zootique Gift Shop for $1. See our statement on masks.
- Guests participating in giraffe encounters must wear a mask regardless of age.
We will limit the number of guests
- Following city guidelines, we will only be able to have 500 guests at a time on property.
Playgrounds will be OPEN
- Our playgrounds will be cleaned daily with sanitizing stations placed nearby. The playgrounds are high touch areas. Use at your own risk.
The train will be OPEN
- The Zoo Choo Express will be operating from 10AM – 3:45PM weekends only. $3 per rider. 2 years and younger FREE with paid adult.
- Only 2 carts will be open and carts will be cleaned on the hour.
Max & Jenny's Jungle Grill will be OPEN
- Max & Jenny's Jungle Grill will be open for takeout orders and half indoor capacity from 10:30AM – 3:30PM weekends only. We will also have plenty of picnic tables available outside for guests to sit.
The Watering Hole will be OPEN
- Drinks and snacks will be available at The Watering Hole 10:30AM – 3:30PM on weekends only.
Drinking fountains will be CLOSED
- Beverages will be available for purchase at Max & Jenny's Jungle Grill and The Watering Hole. You may bring in your own non-alcoholic beverages.
North Shore Bank Giraffe Encounters will be AVAILABLE
- Giraffe encounters will be available at 11AM, 1PM, and 3PM weekends only
- Guests will be required to wear masks in the giraffe encounter area, regardless of age or special exemptions, in order to protect our giraffes. If you are unable to wear a mask, we kindly ask that at this time you wait to be able to feed our giraffes another time.
- Feedings are supervised by Animal Care specialists who can answer questions and share information about Mac and Jabari, the Zoo’s two Masai giraffes. Feedings are available on a first come, first served basis and have limited availability. Tickets are just $5.00. Giraffe encounters are weather dependent.
Walkabout Creek will be OPEN
- Visit the kangaroos, wallaroos, and emu!
Vanishing Kingdom will be OPEN
- See the orangutans, emperor tamarins, and more inside Vanishing Kingdom.
The Discovery Center will be OPEN
- Visit our reptiles, bats, fish, and more near the front entrance of the Zoo. The number of guests in the building will be monitored.
The Norco Aviary is CLOSED for the season.
Barnyard Safari will be OPEN
Open 10:30AM – 3:30PM weekends only. Our immersive Barnyard Safari exhibit delivers plenty of hands-on animal interaction for kids and adults alike. Learn more about the various species of domestic animals from around the world including Tunis sheep, miniature pigs, Nigerian dwarf goats, llamas, and alpacas.
To keep you safe:
- We will have hand sanitation stations strategically located throughout the Zoo.
- Bathrooms, the Zootique Gift Shop, and other high-touch areas will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- All Zoo staff working are required to wear masks and gloves. All Zoo staff will have their temperatures checked before working.
- Social distancing among all Zoo staff and guests is vital. The Zoo will have visual reminders to stay 6 feet apart and staff members placed to ensure guests are maintaining a safe social distance throughout campus.
- If a guest feels sick before visiting, we ask that they not visit the Zoo.
Zoo Visit Risk
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting the Racine Zoo, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy a membership?
You can purchase a membership online or at the Zootique Gift Shop.
Is the path ADA Accessible?
Yes. If you need a wheelchair or have mobility issues, wheelchairs and strollers are available for rent at the Zootique Gift Shop.
We want to thank our community for your patience and support and cannot wait to see you back at the Zoo!