Introducing Our Outdoor Walking Safari
The wait is over! It's time to rediscover the Zoo you know and love! The animals have missed you and are excited to welcome you back.
In order to ensure the safety of all our guests and staff, we will be introducing a new experience to connect you with wildlife. The Outdoor Walking Safari will take guests on a one-way modified pathway through campus to view a majority of the Zoo's outdoor animal habitats.
Hours: 7 days a week, 10AM – 4PM (last admission 3:30PM) (starting Tuesday, May 26, 2020)
Admission: $5 per person (cash, credit cards, or certificates accepted)
Outdoor Walking Safari Printable Map: PDF
Know before you go:
The Zoo is now one-way
- There is a one-way path throughout the Zoo. This will take you past our kangaroos, emus, wallaroos, Norco Aviary, Barnyard Safari, bears, lions, tigers, lynx, penguins, meerkats, rhinos, giraffes, zebras, gibbons, and spider monkeys.
We will limit the number of guests
- Following city guidelines, we will only be able to have 100 guests at a time on property.
All visitors MUST wear a mask
- To keep everyone safe, all visitors must wear a mask to enter the Zoo (except those 2 years and younger). Masks will be available for purchase at the gift shop for $1.
Indoor exhibits, train, Grill, Watering Hole, playground, and drinking fountains will be CLOSED.
- For the time being, these places will remain closed. This is temporary and we expect these areas to open at a later date.
A beverage kiosk will be available
- We will be selling drinks at a kiosk for guests (exact cash only to limit money handling).
To keep you safe:
- We will have hand sanitation stations strategically located throughout the Zoo.
- Bathrooms, the Gift Shop, and other high-touch areas will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- All Zoo staff working are required to wear masks and gloves. All Zoo staff will have their temperatures checked before working.
- Social distancing among all Zoo staff and guests participating in Outdoor Walking Safari is vital. The Zoo will have visual reminders to stay 6 feet apart and staff members placed to ensure guests are maintaining a safe social distance along the pathway.
- If a guest feels sick before visiting, we ask that they not visit the Zoo.
Zoo Visit Risk
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting the Racine Zoo, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy a membership?
You can purchase a membership online or at the Gift Shop.
Are military discounts available?
No military discounts can be offered at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Is the path ADA Accessible?
Yes. If you need a wheelchair or have mobility issues, wheelchairs and strollers are available for rent at the Gift Shop.
What should I bring?
Water - A beverage kiosk is available, but drinking fountains will be closed.
Snacks - Outside food is allowed.
Sunscreen - The pathway is entirely outdoors.
Mask and gloves - All guests MUST wear masks (except ages 2 years and younger). Masks will be available for purchase in the Gift Shop for $1. Gloves are optional.
**Please note these precautions are TEMPORARY and will be lifted once it is safe to do so. Changes can occur at any time. Please be patient with us as we try to best accommodate guest needs and state directives.**
We want to thank our community for your patience and support and cannot wait to see you back at the Zoo!