Introducing Our Outdoor Walking Safari
The wait is over! It's time to rediscover the Zoo you know and love! The animals have missed you and are excited to welcome you back.
In order to ensure the safety of all our guests and staff, we will be introducing a new experience to connect you with wildlife. The Outdoor Walking Safari will take guests on a modified pathway through campus to view the Zoo's indoor and outdoor animal habitats.
Hours: 7 days a week, 10AM – 4PM (last admission 3:30PM)
Member - FREE
Children 2 and younger - FREE
Adult - $10.00
Senior (62 and older) - $9.00
Child (15 and younger) - $8.00
Military (With ID) - $5.00
Outdoor Walking Safari Printable Map: PDF
**Please note these precautions are TEMPORARY and will be lifted once it is safe to do so. Changes can occur at any time. Please be patient with us as we try to best accommodate guest needs and city directives.**
Know before you go:
All visitors MUST wear a mask
- To keep everyone safe, all visitors must wear a mask to enter the Zoo (except those 2 years and younger). Masks will be available for purchase at the gift shop for $1. See our statement on masks.
We will limit the number of guests
- Following city guidelines, we will only be able to have 500 guests at a time on property.
Playground will be CLOSED
- Following city guidelines, the playground cannot open before June 30, 2020. Stay tuned to see if we can open it then!
The train will be OPEN
- The Zoo Choo Express will be operating from 10AM – 3:45PM daily. $3 per rider. 2 years and younger FREE with paid adult.
- Only 2 carts will be open and carts will be cleaned on the hour.
The Grill will be OPEN
- The Grill will be open for takeout orders and half indoor capacity from 10:30AM – 3:30PM. We will also have plenty of picnic tables available outside for guests to sit.
The Watering Hole will be OPEN
- The Watering Hole will be open 10:30AM – 3:30PM.
Drinking fountains will be CLOSED
- Beverages will be available for purchase at the Grill and the Watering Hole. You may bring in your own non-alcoholic beverages.
North Shore Bank Giraffe Encounters will be AVAILABLE
- You can now feed the giraffes! Encounters will be available daily at 11AM, 1PM, and 3PM
- Come face-to-face with the world's tallest land animal. Feedings are supervised by animal care specialists who can answer questions and share information about Mac and Jabari, the Zoo’s two Masai giraffes. Feedings are available on a first come, first served basis and have limited availability. Tickets are just $5.00. Giraffe encounters are weather dependent.
Walkabout Creek will be OPEN
- You can now visit the kangaroos, wallaroos, and emu!
Vanishing Kingdom will be OPEN
- You can now see the orangutans, emperor tamarins, and more inside Vanishing Kingdom. Traffic will be one-way and the number of guests in the building will be monitored.
The Discovery Center will be OPEN
- You can now visit our reptiles, bats, fish, and more near the front entrance. Number of guests in the building will be monitored.
The Norco Aviary will be OPEN
- Open 10AM – 3:30PM, this immersive and interactive exhibit allows guests to become a member of a flock of parakeets by entering an open-air aviary. Have the birds eat right from your hands! Purchase a seed stick for $3.00.
Barnyard Safari will be OPEN (starting Saturday, July 11, 2020)
Our immersive Barnyard Safari exhibit delivers plenty of hands-on animal interaction for kids and adults alike. Learn more about the various species of domestic animals from around the world including Tunis sheep, miniature pigs, Nigerian dwarf goats, llamas, and alpacas.
To keep you safe:
- We will have hand sanitation stations strategically located throughout the Zoo.
- Bathrooms, the Gift Shop, and other high-touch areas will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- All Zoo staff working are required to wear masks and gloves. All Zoo staff will have their temperatures checked before working.
- Social distancing among all Zoo staff and guests participating in Outdoor Walking Safari is vital. The Zoo will have visual reminders to stay 6 feet apart and staff members placed to ensure guests are maintaining a safe social distance along the pathway.
- If a guest feels sick before visiting, we ask that they not visit the Zoo.
Zoo Visit Risk
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting the Racine Zoo, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy a membership?
You can purchase a membership online or at the Gift Shop.
Is the path ADA Accessible?
Yes. If you need a wheelchair or have mobility issues, wheelchairs and strollers are available for rent at the Gift Shop.
We want to thank our community for your patience and support and cannot wait to see you back at the Zoo!